add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Final post before purchase.

DLCentaur

61 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DLCentaur/saved/vWpV3C

I have already purchased the motherboard and the case. The rest is up for criticism.

Go to town, ladies and gentlemen.

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Myself, I wouldnt get the Rampage mobo. There better ones for that price point. But that's just me.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Funnily enough, the mobo and the case are the only two things I have already purchased. x)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

There are better deals over MSI/Gigabyte/Asrock than Asus. But you've already committed the sin, so screw it.

You can review the Cooler Master Nepton 240M, is there any need for fast memory that will give trouble in reaching that speed, and also check out the Corsair K70/K95 RGB.

Annnd... Unfortunately, seems like the latest rumours suggest that you shouldn't wait for next gen because, voilà, delays.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Yup, I'm not going to cry over the loss, though.

The Cooler Master looks good! Do you think the slightly lower RPM max will make much of a difference? The memory is meant to be extremely fast, but I don't want it to cause any issues with the system. What issues do you think will come of it? The 95 RGB looks spectacular, thanks for telling me about it!

"Annnd... Unfortunately, seems like the latest rumours suggest that you shouldn't wait for next gen because, voilà, delays." No idea what you mean by this.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

RPM usually indicate the power of the fans, and one should not judge from that alone. Reviews and comparisons are much more appropriate, and it's where people should compare radiators from. Nothing stops you to replace those fans with other ones if you want to, my brother added 2 more fans to its 240mm closed loop...

The rumours are about the new graphics cards. Unless Nvidia/AMD rush them to the market (which is doubtful because they would he left with a big chunk of time releasing nothing), you will not be expecting to see anything new in future (blame Qualcomm and Apple for snatching the 16mm wafers and delaying GPU market)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm. Well, the radiator you suggested does look good. It only has two ratings on the site, so I decided to look elsewhere. Doing so proved to be wise.

I see. Well, does that directly apply to my video card? I know it's a top-of-the-line one from AMD, but it's already been released. Were you giving me advice about waiting for future VCs?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Future GPUs seems delayed at this moment, they might get released by February/March but it's entirely possible that they will get delayed to April/May.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

So, should I stay with my GPU or change it?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

For the Ram, perhaps move to the Kingston DDR4-2666 CAS 13 model to save ~30$. It's (from my calculations) a tad faster than the DDR4-3000 CAS 15 model you have listed. Also, their DDR4-2400 CAS 12 model has the same performance as the listed and is also cheaper.

Other than that, hope you like the X99 series.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright! That's it! I've just purchased all of the listed parts. Thanks for your advice!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

So what did you get? Could you update your parts list?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Done and done. Not much was changed.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, good luck with your new system. X99 is quite nice.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube