add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1st Timers Budget Build under $450 is reachable?!

buckxcrunner

61 months ago

I just posted the same build but I know some people don't like to click on links.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $77.97 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock FM2A75M Pro4+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard -
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $76.28 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.24 @ OutletPC
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card $99.99 @ Newegg
Case Antec P100 ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Directron
Power Supply EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply $24.99 @ NCIX US
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $388.46
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-27 17:25 EST-0500

It will mostly be used for Minecraft and a maybe a few Steam games. I would like the budget to stay under $450, which is excluding an OS and Peripherals. I will buy almost entirely online. That being so will I be able to trust webaites like NewEgg, OutletPC, NCIX US, and Directron? I would greatly appreciate if you would give me some input on what I should change/keep on the build.

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

For a couple more penny's you could buy a "Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive" http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seagate-internal-hard-drive-st1000dm003

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you going to trust the MAIL IN REBATES. I have had bad experience with them.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I will most defiantly do the switch to 1 TB! Thank you!

I would like to but I have never had experience with mail-in-rebates

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

This is fine, although you should definitely change your power supply to the Corsair CX430, it's much better than what you have now.

If you want a monitor, you can go to your local GoodWill and pick up a cheap one, it will work, but if you want a GOOD monitor, get a widescreen one with a 1366x768 resolution.

What you have will run most anything you can throw at it low-medium, with a nice, comfy 60 FPS.

Peripherals are your choice based on your style and what you like, I suggest you find you local WalMart or electronic store and pick out a nice comfy keyboard and mouse.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok great! Thank you so much!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

switch out psu http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-100b10600kr you could also probaly get 8 gb cheaper id also consider getting a cheaper case like the bitfenix neos or nzxt 210

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok great, Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube