add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

QUICK Need A Fan Heatsink That can support overclocking

stumplittle

61 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vRYhdC Thats my build, title states what I need, please try and keep it fairly on the cheaper side

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 5 points

Depends how much you want to OC, how comfortable you are with the higher temps and the available space.

Most people seem to like the CM Hyper 212 EVO It's a cheap option (~30$).

On the higher end, Noctua D14/D15 or one of the Phantek PH-TC14PE line (they come in different colors) provide great cooling ability at the cost of space (and money, around 100$). I have a PH-TC14PE_BK, and it is great, but I can't access the ram under it after it was installed, I had to get low-profile ram (no silly pointed heatsinks) and it was a bit awkward to install; I hear similar things about the Noctua coolers.

Hope this helps.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube