add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
awilzman
  • 84 months ago

MSI Gaming, MSI Maximus VI Hero, or ASUS Sabertooth?

Comments

• 84 months ago
  • 2 points

Sabertooth for quality and lots of extras and great model but a little pricey.

MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming, for all you need and nicely priced. (i'm going to be picking this one up in about 3 days)

MSI Maximus.. not a clue.

Best of Luck!

• 84 months ago
  • 0 points

I already have the msi, its a great board, but I want to try a different one, I think im gonna go with Gigabyte

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Asus makes the Maximus line.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

The Asus Sabertooth is good for overclocking and for its features but most of its are centred at overclocking. The dust armour is a good feature but not going to be the most useful. Just to note the parts on the Asus and MSI are of a good quality so don't worry about that.

For gaming I would go straight to the MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming or the G45 because most of the features are centred to gaming but it's a great motherboard for features as it is. Especially the on-board sound, design and ports.

And the Asus VI hero not MSI, is good for its features if you are going to use them just like the Sabertooth. It also good on-board sound. Also just to tell you something about the VI Hero is the Sonic radar feature that is counted as a way of cheating and most people using it will most probably be banned and that they will put a disclaimer for it or remove from the product all together due to the fact it will create an unbalanced game play.

Usually choose a motherboard on what your preference is or what you are doing. For instance overclocking a large amount or gaming. If you will be gaming with a small amount of overclocking usually you are fine with a gaming motherboard.

Talking about overclocking reminds me that the MSI gaming motherboards have a unique feature were you can select between a normal mode, a slightly overclocked mode and a gaming mode which is a significant overclock.

If you need anything just message me.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube