add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Gaming Build ~1,100 CAD

Lolgg

61 months ago

Hello everyone.

It's my first time building my own computer, although I do know people who will help me with the assembly once the parts come in. I'm curious about opinions on the part list I've come up with : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/mxtsP6 . I'm a young professional and will be using this computer for gaming (WoW, CS:GO, trying new MMO releases) as well as simple work tasks like email and excel. I'm looking for the computer to be able to run games decently for the next five or so years. I will be re-using an optical drive and PSU from my old computer(Uncle built me one a few years ago) and have a copy of Windows 8 that I bought on sale at my university.

I'm not sure if my build's parts are compatible or if any of them are overkill. I'm open to any comments and criticism, thanks so much for your time!

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

The term overkill only applies above i7. (Mostly)

Z97 mobo, better SSD (lots of people complaining about it though in my personal case nothing bad happened yet) and why not getting a better version of 970? At least twinfrozr

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

That looks like a pretty sweet build, normally I'd recommend getting a z97 motherboard, but at that price you can't beat that z87! I've heard those ssd's have issues with their QC and some have failed on people. I recommend a crucial mx100 or Samsung 840 pro. You really can't go wrong with Samsung.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube