add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First time builder, building ITX Corsair 250D base for 800 budget.

Kevindluke

61 months ago

Need a small rig for moderate gaming/photo editing. Don't need to play BF4 on Ultra but I would like the capability to play basically any game that comes my way for a few years. Any thoughts on the build/improvements. Not sure about overclocking but I think I would like the option for the future if my temps aren't too high at 3.5 Hz. I know many people might suggest that I get a more expensive video card for ditching the ssd but I will be using this computer for school and photo editing and I figured the quick load times would prove handy. Also I feel like investing more in the processor than the GPU because I'll probably just look to upgrade in a couple years. My main concern is which motherboard would be good. I know that some mobos list the WIFI feature, does that mean that all other mobos don't have wifi? <-sorry noob here.

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CnxPhM

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Your mobo has integrated WiFi, so don't worry about it. In my opinion you should get the R9 280, it is comparable to an GTX770 and it's priced similarly to an 760.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the input! I'll look for an r9 280 that fits/has fairly comparable price. Would you recommend and manufacturers? In general I've heard pretty good things from Saphire, MSI, Gigabyte.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, my estimated wattage according to this website is 347 W. Do you think 450 is a safe buffer or is that cutting it too close? Thanks.

Edit: 317 with Gtx 760, 347 with r9 280.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube