add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Some what cheap gaming tower (Modded Minecraft, League of legends) any improvements?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

You're investing more in a cpu than a video card??!!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I would get a better case Corsair Carbide Series 300R is on sale I think

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

A bit too naive trying to get intel, my opinion is you should go for AMD, FX-8320 or FX-6300 is fine, it's just your budget can't afford (decently) an i5. Also, drop the 760 and get a R9 280, same price for the performance of the GTX770. And your system lacks a CPU Cooler.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

No need for a CPU cooler as most CPUs come with a stock one, which will do just fine.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

He wants to overclock since he put the K CPU so it makes sense to get one.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Just because someone gets an xxxxK cpu doesnt mean they'll overclock.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Then it's just a waste because unlocked processors can be significantly higher priced. So, if you're not planning to over clock, then I would get a slightly lower end cpu. It would be a really big waste to get an unlocked processor if you're not planning on overclocking. Also, getting a slightly cheaper cpu could allow you to allocate your budget elsewhere. Perhaps an SSD or something.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, you could also opt for an APU since some high tiered APUs can play some of your games at reasonable frames on both 720p and 1080p. Some games will have high quality and some low. The A10-7850k is pretty decent for most 1080p gaming as long as you have 2133-2400mhz ram. Your other option of a CPU could be the Fx series of processed by AMD. Such as the Fx-6300 or the Fx-8320.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Then it's just a waste because unlocked processors can be significantly higher priced

Unless one happens to live near a Microcenter, then they tend to be less

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I think you're overspending on the power supply, also corsair's cx series isnt optimal for overclocking, but even if you're not and just planning on future proofing your psu, i would recommend something more reliable especially for a gaming rig. If you're not future proofing and just dont know that a 750w psu with these parts is huge overkill then ill help with that. (Since i want you to save money, and since you didnt get the semi-modular version of that corsair psu, ill make my recommendation non modular).

Go with the Rosewill CAPSTONE series. (Add M if you want semi-modular, but its more expensive) I would recommend the 550w version with plenty of overhead for this rig, or if you want to future proof your system i recommend the 650. Here are links to the 550, 650, and 550M. (The "M" standing for the Semi Modular version of the 550 [Semi-Modular meaning most of the cables are removable, most of the time the only non removable cables are the power + dual 4pin/6pin connectors] if you didnt realize and wanted some easier cable management).

These are excellent power supplies for the price,(Gold Rated) efficiency, and consistency that you want in a gaming rig. (The 550 is also 15$ cheaper!)

550: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-capstone550 650: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-capstone650 550M: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-capstone550m

I also accidentally posted this in the build comments but in case you didn't see it i posted it here.

As for the rest, I recommend that motherboard however because of the price of your build, (And im guessing you wont be overclocking) i would go amd, so that Mobo wouldnt work.

To be honest, i made a build here which you can check out which might suit your needs more appropriately now and in the future.

My build recommendation: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/C7mHbv

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube