add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair Air 240 case modification

KiLLeRrKeN

60 months ago

Is there a way to remove the glass and make a spacer for it to get a card to fit in the case?

Or maybe make a spacer for the whole sidepanel?

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

I keep hearing problems of 970 where the metal pipes hit the case window. I plan on buying the card I want and doing a DIY mod to make it fit :]

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

This is an old post but I think it's worth mentioning that the Asus r9 290 and r9 290x will NOT fit this case.

I think a graphics card any taller than about 140mm will be a tough fit without modifying the window, do your research before buying.

The window can be popped out of the panel and replaced with a thinner window or glued to the outside of the panel to increase your clearance about 8mm.

• 60 months ago
  • 0 points

All cards should fit in that case with the side panel.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube