add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

feed back on basic build

shane82

61 months ago

trying to keep price as low as possible - Im in Australia where all computer parts are so expensive.

After some suggestions/ ideas

would like to dabble in some dayz and BF4 if I can get it there.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ksc7nQ

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

your prices are cheaper than UK so be happy about that.

if you can get the fx 8350 cpu if not then don't worry but you amy find similar performance by the g3258 if you budget is tight.

Either way, like it says it compatibility notes some motherboards need a bios update before using that cpu which would require a compatible cpu to do so. Get a already compatible motherboard if this is a problem.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

do I need to take note of the Cores available being the G3258 has two and the other are 6 & 8.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

well yes because stuff like video editing love multi core gpus and recently game have been using more than 2 cores - the ubisoft games assasins creed and farcry 4.This is apparently due to poorly optimsied games and some people have manged to play those game on the g3258 by modding the game. However the g3258 does peform well, as it overclocks to hell, even in games like BF4.

What i must say is that the AMD cpus aren't strictly 8 cores they are more like 4 and 6 cores is more like 3 and that intel's core performance is generaly better.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube