add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
tommyruin

61 months ago

Hi all, posted a thread on the 'create a part list' forum and got some great advice, now looking for some critique! I am mainly looking to play games such as World of Warcraft and Skyrim but i don't want it to be incapable of playing FPS games on a medium to high graphics settings if i felt like moving into that market. I live in the UK. Please help :D Thanks :* (Budget of around £750 the lower the better mind ;) )

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £167.50 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard £89.99 @ Novatech
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £58.69 @ Ebuyer
Storage A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £54.47 @ Amazon UK
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £35.94 @ Aria PC
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card £120.04 @ Ebuyer
Case BitFenix Neos Black/Silver ATX Mid Tower Case £29.99 @ Aria PC
Power Supply Corsair CSM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply £77.99 @ Amazon UK
Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer £11.12 @ Ebuyer
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) £69.99 @ Ebuyer
Wireless Network Adapter Asus PCE-N10 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter £13.06 @ Amazon UK
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available £728.78
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-29 21:15 GMT+0000

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

you don't need such a powerful psu. you could get away with 500w which will save some money. If you are going to go with an SSD you may as well go for a 240gb they are some for around 60 pounds which will be doubling the capacity.

Having said this you have no cpu cooling which you need for overclocking and a bad case so i would ditch an SSD for these purposes. just see your budget after a cheaper psu.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you:)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks pretty good I agree that you don't need a psu that powerful and that you really want to keep that processor cool. It should come with a stock cooler but they are nothing special.

Also you don't realllllly need a optical drive you could always just use a usb to get you operating system there are a lot of tutorials on youtube and such on how to do it but I understand if you want it for the convenience.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube