add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Building an Editing and Gaming PC for a friend, how could I lower the price a bit?

s3nt1n3l

61 months ago

Hey guys, so my buddy has asked me to build him a PC as he needs something to edit videos and game on. He has about £750 to spend on it. I built him this... http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/CkqyZL Though this isn't within his price range, could you guys help me lower the price a bit.

I have stayed with Intel over AMD as I think it would be better for the rendering times. I also chose the 16GB of RAM for the editing and stuff. (I know it's not necessary but it's always nice).

2TB HDD is plenty of space with a small SSD as only the OS would go on it.

So i'm not quite sure where I lower the price. Thanks in advance! ;D

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

The power supply doesn't seem to have a price either, so it'll cost more than this unless I'm missing something.

You could go with a cheaper z97 motherboard possibly, and probably a cheaper case.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I changed it to this, however because of the power supply having no price, the overall price has gone up. Haha. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/BZj7nQ I also didn't change the motherboard because I wasn't sure which make of z97 to go with.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd go with something like this not too expensive, not too cheap. You could go for the cheapest board with this but it's kinda weird when you have a high end-ish cpu and ram.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, you could go with this ram instead.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thank you for that! Really helps! I'm just going to go ahead and send him this. I'm sure he won't mind going a little over budget for a better machine.

Again thank you! :)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

No worries, hope he likes it!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube