add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
TheWindyMan

61 months ago

These are the parts I have chosen thus far for my first gaming build. All the parts listed say they are compatible, but I was wondering if there was anything I should trade out or that would cause a bottleneck in the system. I'm also open to any critism.

I'm looking to get 60 fps at 1080p on not the most demanding games, but a system that will need relatively few upgrades over the next 4 years.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheWindyMan/saved/6cJTwP

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good, though I will tell you this now: while the HAF 912 is actually a real nice case, and sturdy to boot (it has lasted many a ride in the trunk), the back-side cable management is kinda horrid.. Just watch how you route things back there unless you want to use your feet to help push the panel in place :p

Then there's the whole "no front panel USB 3.0" thing, if you care. Also, apparently you can grab the MSI Gaming 7 for just about $10 more

If you're looking to save cash, though, you can swap to the i5-4690k and lose pretty much no performance in games but there's speculation that games may start to use more cores than they do now.. Probably because the new consoles have, what, 8-core processors now?

But yeah, it's solid and will do what you want, probably even on the demanding ones

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I can find a HAF 932 for a decent price. I know its a large tower, but would it be better for cable management? And I found an amazon upgrade for free to the 7. Thank you for that bit of advice. And on the topic of the i7, I see games supporting more cores as they develop so I'm looking to have this for about 4 or 5 years with minimal upgrading before having to replace big parts.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube