add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$1000 Gaming PC, ordering in a few days

7acen7Dragon

60 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/7acen7Dragon/saved/WK2BD3

Alright I know that I've posted here plenty of time before but there have been major changes and I just really want to get it right so I don't regret anything for my first custom pc. Any kind of criticism and suggestions for my choices will be appreciated...even if it's just saying that it looks good how it is.

This PC should be able to run new games with good settings and play older ones perfectly. Hopefully it runs DayZ Standalone well

• CPU: Wanted all 8 cores for any program that needs more and it's cheaper than Intel; however, I don't like that the price increased but I have some discounts and mail in rebates to compensate
  • CPU Cooler: I wanted the Xigmatek Dark Knight II but it's been sold out on Newegg for a while, was gonna get Scythe Ashura Shadow but this one is cheaper.
  • Motherboard: I assume it's going to work well, can Crossfire/SLI in the future, has needed internal USB ports, and looks good as a bonus
  • Memory: Well I heard good things about Team RAM, looks good, slightly less expensive than G Skill Sniper
  • Video Card: Pretty much in between reference design and Asus prices and comes with a free game, looks good and has backplate
  • Case: was going to get the Bitfenix Ronin but decided NZXT S340, debating between this and Fractal Design Define r4 Widnowed
  • Power Supply: Good PSU brand, enough power for SLI later, discount

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say go with a cheaper case/psu and change the r9 290 to a gtx 970. Will perform much better.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

the price was better just a little bit ago...darn. As for the case I want to have at least 2 intakes and an exhaust and the Bitfenix Ronin was cheaper but I'm only going to get an optical drive put in if it has the spot and the price ended up being about the same as this. I'm not having a good time finding a cheaper case that fits the bill and has 4 USB ports on the front.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Many cases have 2 intakes and exchaust its almost a standard. If you want a similar case to the nzxt h440 you can have a look at the fractal design r4 which is about $30~40 cheaper or the much cheaper nzxt s340 which is like a budget h440 but still a solid case. The reason why im suggesting a 970 is because your current psu wont handle 2 290's so crossfiring would require a psu upgrade. Doing this you can sli later the 970's since they are so power efficient and would put the board to better use.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

alright, I made some changes to it and after mail in rebates it would be even less. I kind of wanted the Scythe Ashura Shadow but I'd rather save some money than have a black heatsink if they have the same performance, plus I won't Overclock for a while and even then it won't be a giant one. I even get a free game with the GPU, it's between a badly ported Assassin's Creed (probably the one), a game I already have, and a racing game but it's free. If the mushkin RAM wasn't out of stock I'd pick it over the Team Zeus but oh well.

---edit---

What are your thoughts on the Fractal Design Define R4? I really don't like those holes in the side so I would probably get the windowed version and it has the extra USB ports that I want. It even has noise reduction so I think that I may get it. Any thoughts between that and the NZXT S340? Today is probably the day, if not tommorrow due to the nice discount on the Seasonic PSU.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Both are good cases. I use to use the nzxt h440 which was my fav case before i moved to a corsair 750d. But in the end you either choose aesthetics vs performance which is something that is up to you. I would personally prefer performance with grabbing a 970 because changing a case down the track is much cheaper then changing a gpu.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point
[comment deleted]
  • 60 months ago
  • 1 point

That was one of the coolers I considered but for AMD it has to be turned horizontally rather than the usual vertical position, does that affect anything?

[comment deleted]
  • 60 months ago
  • 1 point

alright because I would think that it would block off RAM slots.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube