60 months ago
Alright I know that I've posted here plenty of time before but there have been major changes and I just really want to get it right so I don't regret anything for my first custom pc. Any kind of criticism and suggestions for my choices will be appreciated...even if it's just saying that it looks good how it is.
This PC should be able to run new games with good settings and play older ones perfectly. Hopefully it runs DayZ Standalone well
- CPU: Wanted all 8 cores for any program that needs more and it's cheaper than Intel; however, I don't like that the price increased but I have some discounts and mail in rebates to compensate
- CPU Cooler: I wanted the Xigmatek Dark Knight II but it's been sold out on Newegg for a while, was gonna get Scythe Ashura Shadow but this one is cheaper.
- Motherboard: I assume it's going to work well, can Crossfire/SLI in the future, has needed internal USB ports, and looks good as a bonus
- Memory: Well I heard good things about Team RAM, looks good, slightly less expensive than G Skill Sniper
- Video Card: Pretty much in between reference design and Asus prices and comes with a free game, looks good and has backplate
- Case: was going to get the Bitfenix Ronin but decided NZXT S340, debating between this and Fractal Design Define r4 Widnowed
- Power Supply: Good PSU brand, enough power for SLI later, discount