add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$1000 gaming rig ordering soon, but I have some questions

jumboworms

61 months ago

First, here's the link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jumboworms/saved/gYYbt6

I plan on buying this soon, but I have some questions before I order.

• Will I be able to overclock this cpu with my mobo/cpu cooler choices?

• Will my pc run cool enough in this case with my parts? (Pretty sure I'm all set, but just asking)

• Most 1tb hard drives are $50, but I found a 2tb hitachi one for $70. Will this hard drive work nicely or is there a catch to the low price? I don't want to buy it if it won't work well.

• Also, will a 500watt psu be enough to power this rig or should I go with a 600 watt psu? PcPartPicker estimates it will draw 347 watts.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

1) Yes, you will.

2) Yes, it will.

3) Yes, it will work nicely, it's seems that it's pretty similar to the other HDD's in 10 dollar range(70-80 dollars). It has 32MB of cache(some other HDDs have 64MB), but it most likely won't be noticeable in the real world situations.

4)It won't hurt if you get a 600W PSU, but this one should be good enough.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. And I switched to the MSI Twin Frozr version of the GTX 970 rather than the superclocked evga. Is that a good idea?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

You won't go wrong with any of them. Both have very good coolers and EVGA released a fixed version of the Superclocked 970(I'm not sure what exactly was the problem, but I think that the heatsink on EVGAs GPU didn't fully cover the GPU, so temps weren't that so good).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube