add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2nd build and looking for some input AMD/Radeon build

karu89

61 months ago

I like to do alot of gaming and watch movies on my time off from work and the on i have is my first build still only a few years old with an older video card an HD 7770 just looking to make a new one that i can take my time and build it right and don't need to touch or upgrade any of the parts in for the next oh lets say 10+ years

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/karu89/saved/JDBxFT

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

How much are you gonna spend

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

First of 10+ years is inconceivable considering Eatx seems to be where things are heading and the increasingly faster improvements in technology.

For your build, you don't need such a big psu I would say 950 watts maximum and it seems the release of the GTX 960, which may interest you, in January is going to be even more economical so things look to be heading for less power.

For that price range I eoul get an enthoo pro case but that's me and also you are spending 5x more on your gpus then cpu which is considerably more

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah. Go for the 8350 CPU at least. 8 cores and a lot of room for Overclocking. You could get 4.7 out of it. As that's what the 9xxx CPUs are, just overclocked 8350s.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks i was thinking about it a couple times and iam happy with the 4300 right now with the 7770 i have in my system right now...one question tho should i throw a closed loop in it intill i get a custom loop and waterblocks?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube