add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How can I improve this build?

cpayne93

61 months ago

Hey this is my first time building a desktop, and I'm getting close the final build, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to improve this build. I don't want to spend any more money than I am already spending, and I am pretty much decided on my cpu and graphics card, but anything else is up for debate. I mostly want to know what I can do better with the motherboard, power supply, and case. Don't worry about storage and OS because I have a relative who is supplying me with those. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wTb6P6

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Mostly building this for gaming.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, would any of the drive bays be usable on that build? That isn't a make or break deal for me though. I see you went with the bronze power supply, how big of a deal is the difference between bronze and gold? Also, I only just now noticed the estimated wattage on the part list, so would 750W be overkill? Should I aim for something else?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube