add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help with my first build?

gmq

61 months ago

Hi everyone,

Here's the link to my first build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/gmq/saved/kNyQzy

I'm quite new to all of this and I want to seek some advice on whether there are any bottlenecks or just general thoughts

My budget is just under £1000 (I think that's around $1600) I live in the uk and the PC will be used for gaming

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Very similar to my build from last month which turned out awesome... and you have a better GPU than mine.

You hit all the important points:

• Spend more on GPU than CPU
  • Dont overpay for extra cores
  • 2x4GB of RAM is the optimal for gaming [right now]

Should be a great build

• gmq
  • submitter
  • 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks for the reply- I'm quite apprehensive about all of this and it's nice to know someone thinks it will turn out good :D

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

nothing to be apprehensive about... yet!

Wait until you have all your parts bought and you look at those boxes and think: "okay, now I have to make a computer out of all this junk!"

or... when you start installing and you see 38 000 cords and cables laying there waiting to be plugged in!

... those were my two biggest freak out moments :) but it all turned out perfect on my first build

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It all looks good to me, for gaming you will be happy. And when there is no such thing as a pc that has no bottlenecks since there is always something.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube