add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming PC, looking for input!

Kroftyy

61 months ago

Hi, just looking for input on this gaming pc build. It will mainly be used for LoL, WoW, Minecraft, CSGO, GMod etc. I don't currently have any intensive games such as Crysis 3 on Steam at the moment, but I want the computer to be able to run them just in case. Any input is appreciated :). I want to try not to raise my price any higher, but a little is alright. If I have made a stupid decision and the price can be lowered, that's alright as well! Thank you

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $227.00 @ Centre Com
Motherboard ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $99.00 @ CPL Online
Memory Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $88.00 @ CPL Online
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $61.00 @ Centre Com
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card $329.00 @ PCCaseGear
Case Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case $66.00 @ Centre Com
Power Supply Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $92.00 @ IJK
Optical Drive LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer $19.00 @ CPL Online
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $119.00 @ CPL Online
Monitor Samsung S24D300H 60Hz 24.0" Monitor $165.00 @ IJK
Keyboard Gigabyte Force K3 Wired Gaming Keyboard $22.00 @ CPL Online
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1287.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-31 13:36 EST+1100

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

You could find a 970 for nearly the same price as that 280x but the 970 will perform way better than the 280x.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

They are a fair bit more expensive? Aren't they...

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

The cheapest one can be found for $330 and smashes the 280x. Plus, you can get another one down the road and enjoy yourself some 4k gaming for a while.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

You could also get a cheap aftermarket cpu fan so your cpu can stay a bit cooler.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't actually find the processor you are talking about... Could you give me a part picker link with that and the aftermarket fan? If I choose to keep the gpu I have, will I still get good performance??

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Well the hyper 212 evo is $20-$30 but its one of the best cpu fans that use air cooling. As for the gpu, you could still get good performance but you'd get way better perfoance for spending ,at most, $20 more. Just look up GTX 970 and a few types of the 970 should appear. Just find the cheapest one.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're choosing a micro atx board you could also pick a smaller case which you could carry around to lan parties if needed or just for a compact look. Something like the coolermaster n200 or elite 130.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube