add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build Need Opinion

GeraldG

61 months ago

I think i have everything down, only thing is i don't necessarily know if the graphics card is the best for the price i would like to keep it under 900.00 for all parts. I am going to be using this mostly for gaming, i would like to run them on high to ultra settings so, If you have any input on what would be best for the price range (mainly GPU or any other modifications i could make) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/GeraldG/saved/6cWypg

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

What are you looking to run on high and ultra?

And is there a specific reason that you chose to go with one stick of 8GB ram? you could easily get two 4GB sticks still have 8GB and upgrade to 16GB eventually since you have 4 slots on your motherboard.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

i honestly didnt look at that i thought it was but i can change that, if it will help, and i was planing on playing battlefield and some of the newer title games coming out new year, and would like a computer that can run it smoothly, but like i said im new at this and will take all the help i can get.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Other than that should be pretty good just be aware that that graphics card is out of stock right now but don't worry its probably because of the holiday season.

Also be sure to look at lots of benchmarks using that card or something as similar as you can find and that will let you know if that card will work for your needs or if you need to designate more budget to it.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thank you very much im about to change the ram now, besides that what is the best way to get benchmarks?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Just search benchmark for what ever graphics card you decide on and there should be a few different pages with some benchmarks for it. Then you can see the frame rate they get and a specific resolution with whatever settings they set.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube