add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Constructive Criticism Needed! [First Build]

clearfoil

61 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TMn4wP (edited)

I have not purchased any of the parts as I am waiting to complete a build on here before gathering the parts. I don't necessarily have a budget but I am wanting a build that is worth the money and will last a good amount of time. I mainly play Runescape and League of Legends but I want a desktop that can handle steam games at high settings with good rates. I'm mainly iffy on the motherboard as I am not fully knowledgable on building computers but I will switch out parts when I am advised to do so.

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

btw I have a dual monitor setup too. gtx 970 work fabulous with it.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for letting me know :D 1080p I hope?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I like your feedback as it gives me options. Do you think that processor (4690k) works better with the motherboard? I dont really know the difference in the two processors so i'm willing to try and learn. :D

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

honestly there isnt a huge difference in the 4690k and the 4670k but the 4690k is 3.5 and the 4670k is 3.4, so id go with 4690k

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

but the 4690k and gtx 970 work great together. thats what I would go with. Its definetly the best bang for you buck

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

made the change, its looking good so far but now to be patient and save while gathering the parts. :D

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

You should only need 8GB of RAM. Use the money to get a GTX 970 or something if you can. If you can't maybe a 280x/290 would be good. That case is Glorious (capitalisation necessary!), I have it and I haven't even built in it yet but it looks so good and many people on the forum are saying its a pleasure to build in. Everything else is very nice too. Good luck!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your input! I switched to one stick of 8GB RAM and upgraded the graphics card anything else will come in handy :)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, probably best to get 2x4GB though (2 sticks of 4GB RAM). This will make the RAM run in dual channel and will perform better. Make sure it is 1866MHz and has a CAS of 9 or lower.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

made the changes boss! thank you, is there any thing else i'm missing or I might not know?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope. Should all be good.

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

there not that great compared to a 970 but honestly you should get a gtx 970 its a very vert powerful graphics card, I have it in my build and I play battlefield and Advanced warfare on ultra settings no problem.

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I upped the graphics card to GTX 970 :D anything else that will help out this build for this price?:O

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Not really haha the gathering of these parts might take some time.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube