add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking to build PC for gaming and streaming, help needed

flymetothemoon

61 months ago

As title says i'm looking to build a pc for gaming and streaming. I've never done this and i'm really new to it so i'm looking for serious help with everything in this build, i have no idea what psu to choose. I'm also looking to build system and use motherboard that can be used in the coming like 10 (or even more lol) years and just upgrade the cpu/gpu and other components. So that's why i have my eyes on this motherboard i selected. I don't really like the price that shows up at the end though, i'd like if it doesn't go over 1000$ but with this motherboard i guess it's not possible? Thanks for any help and advice guys! So budged 1000$ but i could agree if it goes up to 1500$ I guess i can purchase from somewhere like newegg or is it a bad idea to buy from the internet? I will be using it for gaming and streaming I have my own peripherals already so they are not needed I will be using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit BUT since windows 10 will be coming out soon AND with it dx12 i would like if the system i build can run them just fine, i guess only upgrade to the gpu will be needed at that point. Here's the link to what i have come up so far http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFBtHx

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

The Cosair CX PSU's are highly reliable. I recommend them above all.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! I will look into them but i'm not sure about the watts maybe 750 is enough?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

bump! I've updated it to the following configuration http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nBqTVn I'm still not sure about the PSU, I have my eyes on these 2 Seasonic PLATINUM-1000 ATX 1000 Power Supply and EVGA SuperNOVA 1000G2 1000W ATX12V/EPS12V 80Plus Gold Power Supply 120-G2-1000-XR But i don't know what to choose since i need to be very careful with what PSU i use on this motherboard. Any advises? Also i will be using one GPU and only later get a 2nd one when i have the money for it but i want the system to be ready for the 2nd.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

You're trying to get an X99 build for 1k? O.o

You don't even need an i7 to stream, QuickyBaby does just fine with an i5. It likely isn't ideal, but it works for him.

The GPU build in the second one needs some help. An X99 build shouldn't have crossfire R9 270xs. No build really should, honestly. A single GPU around a similar price would serve you so much better. The 5820k (the "cheap" x99 i7) isn't the greatest choice for multiple GPU solutions anyways. There aren't as many PCI lanes, for multiple GPUs of such a weak GPU (comparatively speaking for the CPU.)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm no computer expert sorry that's why i'm asking here :) Thank you for your advice! I insist on having 6core though instead of 4.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor $373.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 93.3 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler $89.90 @ Newegg
Motherboard MSI X99S SLI Plus ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard $217.95 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $190.38 @ Newegg
Storage PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $85.99 @ NCIX US
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $77.75 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card $348.99 @ NCIX US
Case NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $108.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply Rosewill 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1563.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-06 00:43 EST-0500
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It'd be a "more balanced" rig with twin 970s or a 980 though. Heck, even two 980s. You won't need that much GPU though for streaming

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube