add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Benoit

61 months ago

Hey guys,

I'm just looking at building something that allow me to game a bit but the primary aim is to have a pc that can last 4-5 years with minimal upgrade.

At the moment I put this together. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Benoit/saved/PgVbt6

I not too sure on the CPU in the sense that I don't want to overspend on it but I don't want to have something too slow in a couple years.

Gaming wise, I tend to play RTS and very little FPS or MMORPG so I didn't went crazy on the video card. Obviously I'll have to buy a monitor, keyboard and mouse but I'll source that locally.

Let me know what you think of this build and any advice is welcomed.

Cheers, Benoit

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Straya :D

All looks good. That is a beauty of a CPU (in fact it's probably my favourite) and will last you for years. Only things I would change is get 1866MHz, CAS 9 or lower RAM. I'd also get a WD Black HDD instead of Barracuda because of reliability but that's mostly personal preference. Good luck!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply mate, the comment on the RAM make sense. I'll have a look at the HD.

Cheers, Benoit

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube