add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Waok
  • 82 months ago

Here's my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1auUc

Will a 700W power supply do?

Also what's 80 Plus Bronze?

Comments

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Sry, the link did go away for some reason

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

650w power supply should do even if you OC CPU and GPU

80 Plus Bronze is your PSU's efficiency. Platinum is highest, 80 plus is lowest but better than nothing. ~Hiherbs

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Aaahh, thank you, someone told me that you should have the double of the estimated wattage.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Uh, well I found a cheap 650W 80 Bronze which I think meets my requierments :) (you can check my build to see if it is enough)

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1aydd

It's the one in this build.

[comment deleted]
  • 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah really? yeah that was me that said you should get double of the estimate because it could double under heavy load.

Are you sure you don't? because I don't want to fry all my components

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

I have, read it on a article about building a PC, so I didn't make it up, just shouldn't have believed what one article said without check other sources first :)

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

So the ''Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply '' should do the trick?

Or should I go with a 600-650W?

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

the lowest would be a PSU with no efficiency rating. Any single rail PSU that is 80 plus rated or higher will work, normally for a gaming machine you need a minimum of 500w. With new tech the amount of watts needed is constantly going down, so there is you answer.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

So the ''Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply'' should go fine with my build?

My build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1aRfO

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

yes

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Just make sure to get a good power supply from a good brand like corsair, seasonic, pc power and cooling etc.

[comment deleted]
  • 82 months ago
  • 1 point

700W is more than enough, but CoolMax sells garbage - many of their products fail to meet advertised specifications and most have a significantly shorter lifespan than other PSUs (power supplies tend to take other components with them when they go, as well).

I'd highly recommend something like Seasonic's SSR-550RM - it's extremely efficient, semi-modular, highly reliable, appropriately powered, and reasonably-priced.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube