add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My First PC Build (Criticism and Suggestions Welcome)

RogueUnicorn

61 months ago

I'm 17 and I started Building my PC with these parts and I've already ordered the parts (I'm on a budget) I mostly wanted it to play games like LoL, BF4, and maybe RPG's. I wanted to know if all the parts will work fine with each other and I think the PSU is enough (If not please comment). Some of the Parts I already had like the case, both hard drives, sound card, network adapter, and Optical Drive and I'm just reusing them. I'm not planning on OC so keep that in mind, so I believe there in no need for a cpu cooler

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wvzwHx

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r4FnMp You kinda really screwed up.. you could have gotten much, much better parta, return everything asap if its possible.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea I agree on the fact that the parts could be better. I'd take what you have already (What you can't return) and make your build as close to Vaga's as you can. His build will get 60+ FPS on 1080 with ultra graphics for most, if not all games.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

What exactly is wrong with the parts if you could please explain I would appreciate it.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

The cpu is two generations old and its a i7 all you need for gaming is a i5, a not so good case, a over priced ssd and hdd. You paid too much for the gpu and you overpaid by 900% on that optical drive. You could have gotten a bigger and better psu and a soundcard Iis 100% pointless for your needs.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I wrote that i already had the parts you just listed so I did not pay for those.

"Some of the Parts I already had like the case, both hard drives, sound card, network adapter, and Optical Drive and I'm just reusing them"

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh. I didn't read that, my bad.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jDfZjX I redid your build again. It has a xeon which is basically a locked i7 and a gtx 970

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I like the change of the graphics card I think I might return the gpu i got and get the 970 its juts a few dollars more and it'll last a couple of years And thank you for the help :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube