add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

first solo build opinions?

CaLaMiTy_Khaos

61 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/CaLaMiTy_Khaos/saved/Dysj4D looking to play fps games like dayz and battlefield on ultra or high settings with a fps of like 400-50

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Well... I'm not a pc gamer but i think you've got a bit of a cpu/gpu imbalance, x4 750k is prolly a little too weak too effectively push the 780.... and that's been superseded by the better/cheaper/more power efficient 970 too. 1333mhz ram is overpriced also, ram prices fluctuate a lot with promo/mirs but atm you can get a 8gig stick of quicker ram for $60.

Anyway, I would check out http://www.logicalincrements.com/ for some alternative ideas, tho their builds don't include os, monitor or extra fans and so on, and I might throw something together for you in a while...

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

if you could make something thatd be awsome!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Here you go :-D

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor $187.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard ASRock B85 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $74.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Team Dark 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
Storage Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $55.98 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $51.85 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card $344.99 @ NCIX US
Case Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Antec TruePower Classic 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer $13.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.98 @ OutletPC
Monitor LG 24MP55HQ-P 60Hz 23.8" Monitor $148.99 @ NCIX US
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1148.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-01 02:51 EST-0500

Drop the ssd if i raised the price too much

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

will this run dayz and battlefield really high

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It should do, 970 is an amazing gpu for the money and the 4590 looks to be similar to a non-overclockable version of the 4690k, according to the passmark cpu benchmark the 4590 scores about 94% of the 4690k, so that's plenty capable :D

They're both really strong components that should be able to drive almost any game really well.

The 4590 isn't as popular as the 4690k so there's not very many google results but if you search for "4690k 970 dayz" or bf4/whatever you should get really close performance to those results.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-review

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

one last questions would the ssd be really needed

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ehhh... not really, I'm into em cuz of the speed increase they bring to a windows system but you can do without it if funds are tight.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

would i need to buy some extra fans also. btw im gonna go with this build i just have to get the $

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qFzLqs More balanced and better performance, it should get aleaat 50 fps on bf4 maxed out

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Buddy your cpu/gpu combo is awful, go with the FX-6300 and a saphhire 280x or 290

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube