add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Omniscience

61 months ago

This is my own build, and I'm curious as to what you guys think I should throw some money at to improve it (in any way: power, looks, peripherals, etc.)

My keyboard and mouse are a cheap Logitech combo, they work so I'm happy but there's always room for improvement.

My power supply is actually a Sentey 625w but it wasn't on here so I threw in one with identical features.

Here's my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Omniscience/saved/H63323

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Link?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on how much you wanna spend, I would prolly recommend switching to an intel build as a cheapish i3 has the best of pretty much any amd cpu, but it depends on your budget...

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I was gonna save up for an i7 because at Micro Center (so happy I live near one) I can pick up an i7-4790k and a Z97 mobo (Asus) for $370 so I'm looking to save for that. Just curious as to what you guys recommend.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a good deal, depends on whether you really need it tho, if it's a gaming focused build then it's prolly not be much better than the standard i5 (4690k atm), but it can help if you want to game and stream/record at the same time.

Depends what you're using the machine for at the end of the day...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube