add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need a new computer, opinions??

Vwarriorvj

61 months ago

I am looking for a gaming pc at below 600$, I don't know a whole lot but these are two suggestions that my friends had for me.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pXJdt6

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DnGt6

All help is appreciated!

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Both are decent builds. I'd personally go with the first build. The second build is low on ram, needs a cooler, and though the cpu and MoBo in that build are highly reputed, they are starting to become hard to find and you may end up finding them out-of-stock for a good price. To make it simple I would opt for the first build rather than suggesting several changes to the second one.

One note on that build: I have heard that the 212 Evo cooler just barely fits in that case and may actually touch the frame causing some buzzing under load. Depending on wire routing and the exact motherboard the ones reporting that used, your results may vary. Still, for the price I'd go ahead and build it without making changes and just wait until last and "test-fit" the cooler to see if there's any issue. Most likely there won't be.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube