add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Could someone please give me advice on what i could do to even out this build? This is my first build so an extra set of eyes would be great. and if possible input on what Display and Keyboard would be the best for my build.

Kyleg2020

61 months ago

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $304.97 @ NCIX US
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $89.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G1.SNIPER Z97 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $135.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $149.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $104.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $81.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI) $628.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case $99.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $84.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.98 @ OutletPC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $2400.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-01 18:12 EST-0500

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 3 points

The title of this post reminds me of this book lol. Excellent part choices, especially the case. I got that one for Christmas and I can't wait to build in it. What is your budget for a monitor and the keyboard, and also what is the purpose of this build? If gaming you can save some money and get 8GB of RAM and a 4690K CPU.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I plan on using it for gaming and graphic animation and design next year in college. (The price in the build is $600 too high the actual price is more of $1700ish i removed a graphics card and it didn't transfer that decision to the total price). Does the case seem like pretty good quality?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It appears to be an amazing case and I haven't even built in it. Lots of reviewers like it too.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea thats why i picked it. It looks great and so do the reviews lol

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

That case is constantly out of stock it would seem!

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

Not for me. But I live in Australia I suppose.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Just one thing that catches my eye. While running SLI(I know you currently do not plan to, but I take it you will want to, when you get the money for the second 980/a game comes out that is worth it) on the 650W might not be impossible, I'd say for ocing a 4790k with a two way gtx 980 sli, you'd want to have a beefier PSU. Just my guess. Again the 650W will do. Would only consider changing it if you SLI. Awesome build though.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

How about the EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

How much would you recommend upgrading it? I plan to add another 980 relatively soon so that I have he option to SLI.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube