add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help? $840 budget gaming/general PC Any suggestions on changes to improve

cik929rr

61 months ago

After getting frustrated when looking at prebuilt systems my sister put together a system using the system builder and came up with http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9RHtHx I told her I could do better for less$. Less $ being if she added everything that she didn't have in her list (add $75 to her $778 to get whats on my list) It lacked an optical drive,fan controller,fans,wireless network card,card reader. For an extra $60 I was able to add all of those things, increase from 3.5GHz quad core to 4.0GHz 8 core (the L1,2,3 cache sizes are much larger too) , bump the HD to 2TB and instead of a micro ATX MB and case I am using a ATX mid tower with 2 included fans. We dont need a operating system, were going to use Windows 7 Home Pro 64 bit. I want her to let me kick in the extra $30 to upgrade the CPU cooler to a Corsair Hydro series H60. Here is the system I put together http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fFcsP6 Even though there were still dinosaurs roaming around when I last built a PC back in 2011 and I'm not so up to date on whats what I still know more than my sister. By no means do I think I know it all and thats why I want to ask for help from other more experienced builders to give me their input. Please tell me if you see anything that I did wrong or that could be done better for less money.

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube