add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Requesting some help with my first build

Pacrim

61 months ago

Pcpartpicker

Requesting some help with my first build, my laptop video driver died and I am doing my research by tablet. Any recommendations would be appreciated

Also note that I currently own the 250GB Samsung SSD on the list, as well as 2 Seagate Barricuda 750 GB. My plan is for the SSD to be for the OS and 750 GB HD's to be set up as a Raid array (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148298&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-N82E16822148298)

I would like to keep budget under $1000.00

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Budget?

edit: only thing I would change, pretty much regardless of budget, is getting rid of the sound card and getting a good z97 motherboard

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya might as well get a z97 to future proof it. I would recommend the MSI gaming 7 motherboard instead. It's basically just the z97 version of the one you have and it is a really great MOBO as I have it and I was actually amazed at the quality of it and the MSI gaming BIOS is so great I would stick with them. It only costs about $10 more too.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Changed motherboard to Z97 and dumped sound card. May change case if I can figure out better option than just looks

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

well if don't care about looks and you got room for a full tower case you can get the Phanteks Enthoo Pro. Probably the best full tower case for under $200. I don't know if you're going for a color theme or something but if you just want a nice big case that has plenty of room to work with and great air flow/cooling then I would highly recommend it. Other than that the build looks pretty good.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Since you didn't really specify what you're using it for...Here you go!

I kept some of your choices and changed stuff to stay within budget

I went over budget by $1.46 because of the paste :p

EDIT I still had my Canadian tax applied so I thought I was over budget. Depending on your tax rate, this build that I tweaked only costs over $900.

Link for the build

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

pcpartpicker

Modified the build, changed componants, what do you think now. Build is for gaming, and home office. Will be installing 7 Pro, and up grading to 10 later. I am not sure about the Amd gpu though. Was leaning to get nvidia but Toms reviews made me rethink.

Thank you for your help.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube