add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
hench

61 months ago

So heres my list Currently it has a monitor and some fans included but just calculate it less than 200 $ so all in all excluding the monitor the current cpu setup now is about 820$ so yeah

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/hench/saved/bH7ypg

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you a student and are you looking to spend more or less?? I'm not sure I understand ypur question..

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

sorry, didnt actually focused on the question itself. Yes i am a student, and was planning to get this rig on christmas but something went a little bit wrong about the budget, was planning to use this for video and photoedtiding as well as gaming. My main software would probably be adobe photoshop cc, dxtory (for some reasons i will record gameplays) , sony vegas pro 12, etc. some stuff like that and for the games i will be mainly playing triple A titles such as battlefield 4 and HARDLINE if it comes out, and some indie games and the ol' dota 2 and cs:go

would probably render a little bit since i will be ditching out my rendering rig in the future (which is just a kinda crappy AIO computer) so yeah,

i was also looking to save more money so at least i could go for dual screen setup or getting an ultra wide screen for multiple uses

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I am also a student and video editor. I found a good deal on microsoft's webiste that allows students the full version of windows 8.1 pro for $69.99 Its a really good deal you just need a university or school given email address. I dont really reccomend having a Hitachi 7200rpm drive as your boot drive. If you can get away with it stick a small SSD in there and then have the spinning drive be for video storage and games and such. If you are going to be recording games at the same time you play them and run your OS off that same drive it might be a lot of work for it. separating out your OS from your games would be beneficial. If you can afford that in your budget then maybe go for a larger only SSD setup. and if you cant go with that you could always record to an external hard drive if you have one.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

For that amount of money you spended on that AMD build and liquid cooling and accesories you could go with Xeon 1231v3 which is nothing more than a i7-4770 with no iGP. I'm pretty sure i'd rather have i7 for same ammount of money and yes im runing AMD machine my self.

My suggestion ditch all the silly AIO water cooling, overkill ram and crazy accessories to OC that AMD which we all know that even i3 beats or matches AMD 8350.

Take Xeon 1231v3, Asrock H97 pro4, Crucial ballistix sport 8gb 1600Mhz CL9 (or cheaper 8gb 1600mhz CL9 ram). take XFX 550 which has more than enogh juice to power said build and also it's made by seasonic so quality is top notch or seasonic 620, cheap too. Instead of 290x pick 290 why? becuase the difference between 290x and 290 is small and not worth the higher price tag also you can simply just OC it if you want same clocks as 290x.

No need for extra special cooling, no need for oc mobo, no need for ocing + you save on power bill since xeon has way better TDP than amd 8350.

After putting all the parts i said into your build you acctually save 22$ and you get i7.

I would pick a better case while it has enogh room for long gpu and aio water coolers incase you ever decide to go completly passive with a big heatsink it dosen't have enogh space for even normal size heatsink. (tough for xeon you don't need any extra a stock one is fine)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube