add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Ever Budget Gaming Build - Opinions Wanted!

mavendod91

61 months ago

Below is the link. This includes a monitor and Windows 8.

Is this version of Windows the best for me to use??

I'm primarily using this PC for gaming, WoW and Steam games mostly.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/mavendod91/saved/zT4J7P

PS: The site says that the case I chose may not be suitable for what I have picked out (notably the GPU), does this make a difference? Or should I look for a new case.

Appreciate all the help! Thank you.

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It looks good to me, though that card is a bit on the higher side pricewise for a 280x. You can get a 290x DirectCU if you're okay or a non overclocked r9 290 for that same price. Alternatively, you can drop down to a more appropriately priced 280 or 280x and trade that off for a better case and/or PSU.

OS looks fine.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the feedback.

I updated the case and went with a 280.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/mavendod91/saved/zT4J7P

Any other areas of concern??

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing that isn't nitpicking - I'd rather see a Z97 MoBo, even if you don't have an overclockable chip now, so you can do Broadwell better down the road. It looks like a great and well balanced build now.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

wouldn't it be better to keep it anyway? Or no.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube