add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Trying to keep it around $20,000, should I switch the hdd?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

lulz

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Personally I would go with 3 or 4 GTX 980's. Would perform better and be a little cheaper

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

What would you be capable of sling with this computer lol

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

if you're serious about this, I wouldn't go for a 60hz monitor, you could get a monitor with a much better refresh rate.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't get this build. if your looking to blow money onthis system, there are better ones to have. Look at mine. You can go with the new X99 platform and get the newest DDR4 ram. And unless your doing heavy duty cad/cam or 3D imaging software, you would be a helluva lot better off with the multiple super-clocked GTX 980 or Dual 295x2. This system will last for many many years. The GTX 980 and the 295x2 are both faster than the Titan Z from what I understand. The Titan series are seriously overpriced and underpowered compared to the newest models, they just have a lot of extra GB for heavy duty graphic computations. Although I am a total beginner builder, I have done more research than the average person and my father and i have an extensive electronics backgrounds for robotics so I understand some things very well.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/motodawg1/saved/bMWfrH

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

In-case you really need that kinda serious power, get a system build that includes a Intel co-processer.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Hell, with that you could go X99 and DDR4; would do better with something similar to this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Hd47nQ

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Considering his last build was 1.6k and he "loves power" I would consider this fake

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube