add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

After many adjustments I think it's ready!

voluntaryist

61 months ago

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $317.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $116.88 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $80.97 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $51.85 @ OutletPC
Video Card PowerColor Radeon R9 285 2GB TurboDuo Video Card $179.99 @ NCIX US
Case Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case $54.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ Newegg
Monitor Samsung S24C300HL 23.6" Monitor $179.99 @ SuperBiiz
Wireless Network Adapter TRENDnet TEW-805UB 802.11a/b/g/n/ac USB 3.0 Wi-Fi Adapter $29.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $26.99 @ NCIX US
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1109.52
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-02 23:21 EST-0500

What do you all think?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks great. Wouldn't change a thing.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

The only thing I would say is that there are about to be some new video cards coming out... that'll bug up the pricing system on the existing ones a little.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

When? Should I wait?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

They SHOULD be announced at CES which starts the 6th... idk the release date yet. It should be around Feb. If you waned to wait for the vid card, grab everything besides the card.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Agree with Kanevil here. GTX960 rumoured to be hitting the shelves aprox Jan 20/22nd, which may drop or change pricing structure.

Additionally, if you're still set on an ATI card, I would get rid of the PowerColour and get an Asus Direct CUII or comparable card for better cooling. (280x outperforms the 285 if you can spare the $$$). PNY/PowerColour are budget cards, and where they typically skimp from is the cooling. That'll reduce the longevity of your card and over time, the performance.

Happy Gaming!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the info. I actually forgot I chose that card in the setup I posted, I've made many revisions and didn't mean to add that one. I'm planning to wait for the 960 it sounds like a great option!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

That GPU suck

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

what should I get instead?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I find the missing CPU Cooler a bit disturbing. GPU is kind of okay but imo there might be better deals. R9 285 is kind of an awkward position right now.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube