add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrade help/suggestions

Warhoshi

61 months ago

Hi guys and thanks for taking the time to read and feedback would be appreciated.

I am currently running:

intel core 2 duo e6600 2.4ghz asus p5e motherboard 4gb of ddr 2 ram running at 400mhz 700w antec power supply 500gb hdd

Also a couple years ago i added a xfx r7850 2gb gddr5 gpu just for an extra performance boost. I mainly use this computer for gaming and web browsing. Im a big blizzard fan and play all there games including warlords of draenor. I really want to upgrade my system but want to keep my current gpu and upgrade at a later date when i have the funds. I have enclosed a part list and would appreciate any advice you guys could give me.

Even though i am open for advice i would like to stick to an intel chip. One thing that really annoys me is noise coming from computers so im trying to find a build that has good performance but runs quietly so it is barely noticeable. I game in the same room as my brother and his computer sounds like a vacuum cleaner when put under load.

I have been reading around and have been researching for a while and this is what i have come up with. I would like to stick to a £500 budget without a gpu so any suggestions please post!

Thank you for reading! I have no idea how this chip/motherboard/power supply is still going i bought this system what seems like a lifetime ago.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/M83TVn

Current reasoning for the parts i have picked:

Processor: I have been reading good things pretty much everywhere about this chip and its overclocking capabilities. Also with the motherboard i have selected it gives me easy upgrade paths with other intel chips when i want to upgrade which is really convenient as i will upgrade in the future.

Cooler: It was between this one or the hyper 212 honestly i dont mind which one.

Motherboard: z97 chipset for easy upgrade path, has good reviews, its ASUS

Memory: Cheap ddr3 1600mhz ram

Storage: I want both an ssd and hdd tried to find the cheapest for both, these were selected as i plan to order all my parts from aria so stock/price were both Incorporated for this decision.

Case: Probably one of the more important decisions for me as noise reduction is what i mainly want. Seems like this case does the job and it looks sick.

PSU: Im not to sure on future upgrade paths for gpu/cpu so i just went with a solid 600w semi modular. Makes cable management a lot easier.

Also a final question im just wondering if my current setup is causing my gpu to bottleneck since the processor/motherboard is so old.

Thanks for the final time!! :D

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube