add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is windows 8 the best option for gaming?

jacobjhardy
  • 65 months ago

I'm building a new rig and I have used and hated windows 8 in the past but I am willing to face my prejudices if it is really the best option for gaming I love windows 7 but I am willing to change if necessary

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

you can turn windows 8 into 7 almost by downloading a start menu like classic shell so windows 8 is not as bad or as strange as it was when it first came out.

plus i have a feeling that windows 8.1 users might get a free upgrade to windows 10 when that comes out in a few months, windows 7 users probably wont.

that could be worth getting windows 8.1 on its own

i use 7 on my desktop and have the unfinished version of windows 10 on a laptop but i think you are better with 8.1 as you can get the start menu with software like classic shell and there is a chance of that free upgrade to windows 10 when it is released for consumers

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

that's a good point I also know that direct x is stopping updates for windows 7

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Negligible performance between the two. Select according to whatever your preference.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

If you already have 7,dont waste your cash on 8. If you need an os for a new build, 8.1 costs less than 7 and is a very minor amount faster.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I need a fresh install of windows that's the only reason I'm going for 8 trust me I wouldn't if it wasn't the best option

• 65 months ago
  • 3 points

I purchased 8.1 for two reasons:

1. Student discount
  2. Potentially free upgrade to 10.
  • 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I suggest you to try Windows 8.1. Just games runs very well in the Windows 8.1. The new versions of DirectX (Microsoft graphics libraries used by most Windows games) it will not run in Windows 7 ,which means you can't take advantage of graphic improvements in new games.

In Windows 8.1. the GUI (Graphics User Interface) handling is good. So the game visualization is very good.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube