add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
DarveyHent

61 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DarveyHent/saved/kkvNnQ

Budget 1300

Trying to future proof as much as possible Would like to add another 970 down the line

Will be purchasing soon and would like to know where I could make some improvements!

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

3tb its a lot usually 1 is enough and samsung SSD are overpriced. Maybe reduce that and spend more on a nicer case. Hopefully your monitor is up to scratch too.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you!!

My monitor is a benq 24in 1 ms 1440p/1080p and I absolutely love it, got it half off with taking a chance on an open box off newegg. No problems in a little over a year.

So if I were to bump down to 1 tb, what cooler/case/ssd would you recommend?

I mostly want this for gaming, and the case is something I am struggling with.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

that's really lucky with the monitor

personaly im a big fan of the enthoo pro case

the crucial 250 gb SSD is just as good really unless you're doing some heavy 4k stuff and save the difference for the next 970.

The cooler seems fine i mean we pay double that in the UK and its good value.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It was incredibly lucky. Got it for my first build, which I'm currently trying to sell to finance this one!

I won't be doing any 4k stuff, just want to play all games on ultra and be able to stream to twitch at 720p

Does the case you are suggesting allow everything to fit do you know? Thank you for your help!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

yes and you get a psu cover and good air flow especially if you remove some of the drives at the front

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $219.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $30.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $153.95 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $62.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $81.98 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.99 @ SuperBiiz
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card $348.99 @ B&H
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case $99.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $54.99 @ Amazon
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $18.75 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $97.99 @ SuperBiiz
Wireless Network Adapter Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $24.99 @ Micro Center
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1245.59
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-03 14:37 EST-0500

Here's the new build, I like the looks of the enthoo pro, but the difference between the crucial and samsung ssd prices seemed to be minimal. But i did go for the crucial in this one.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

NZXT Guardian beautiful case

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I am more worried about functionality than looks, however I do like this case, as well as the enthoo pro one pabzi recommended but will it be a tough build space wise?

Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube