add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fx-6300 Motherboard

aah909
  • 65 months ago

Hi, I'm looking for a motherboard that wont need a bios update to use the fx-6300 with, I'm tying to keep it under £50 ish but if i have to go over that it cant be helped.

I haven't been able to find one yet hence why i have reached out for help here! Thanks in advance Aah909

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

From what I understand is that you only needs a BIOS update if the Mobo came out AFTER the 6300. So if you get a mobo that came out before the 6300, you should be good to go. And of course just double check your findings in review sections and online just to be sure.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

are you able to suggest any motherboards as i can not find any ?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

At work so I can't really do much research. How does This look to you?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a bit on the more costly side being $88.99USD at the time of making this comment, but it shouldn't need a BIOS update, and if it does it has a feature to allow you to update the BIOS without a CPU installed.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a97r20

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

...fx-6300...under £50 ish...

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P and MSI 970A-G43 listed as not requiring any BIOS update. As with any budget model mobos, purchase locally if possible, in case exchange is required due to defect.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube