add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do I need case fans in this thing? If so what do you recommend?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Case fans are always needed. You can never have too many. As for what fans? I have no clue. I just picked up some cool LED 120mm fans for around 4 bucks each for my compt. But depending on what you want, you might want to get higher quality to either A: Move more air, or B: Be quieter.

For your case you can still use either 4 120mm fans or 2 140mm and 2 120mm fans in adition to the 2 already in the case.

Disclaimer: I could be wrong on the ammount of case fans needed, I'd double check the question section of Newegg or their website for more accurate info.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

"Fan Mount Locations: Front: (x2) 120mm Top: (x2) 120/140mm Rear: (x1) 120mm Bottom: (x1) 120/140mm Side: (x2) 120/140mm"

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm that's a lot of potential fan locations, not sure if I need to fill all of them though. It's only hot in the summer since I live in Canada.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It comes with two stock fans, I'd pick up another for the front of the case and then 1 or 2 for the top. As forthe good fans to get, i'd wait until someone that knows more about it than me posts and go for their recommendation. Or you can look at the reviews for them on PCPP

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Thinking of picking 2 of these up http://www.ncix.com/detail/cooler-master-r4-l2r-20ac-120mm-blue-2e-42176-1205.htm seems cheap/good reviews. One for the top (exhaust) and another for the front (intake). Do I have your blessing? lol

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry it took so long to reply, got off work and went home to relax. Yea those look pretty snazzy.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

It's hard to balance whether I want to move more air or be quieter lol. I'd probably choose more on the air flow side but I also don't want my build to be a jet engine either that's why I need someone to recommend me some good value case fans haha. Thanks for the reply.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

One of the difficulties I had with choosing the case in this build was whether I should pick the Fractal Core 2500 because of the full front side vents vs the half front side vents in the 200R. I don't know if putting in a 2nd front fan would make a big difference. Though I'm figuring out whether I should put my PSU top faced for more exhaust or bottom faced for a cooler PSU. If I were to use my PSU for exhaust I would have 1 fan for pulling air in and 2 fans to pull hot air out. Adding fans I'm not actually sure which place would be best for air flow, maybe top? but intake or outtake? This is hard...

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

PSU fan down, let it suck up cool air.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Basically, let the PSU be independent with its air. Sucks its own, blows its own... that way it doesn't make the case components that hot.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube