add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC mainly for WOW for a friend

Kumiko

61 months ago

I just need to know if this will run World of Warcraft on max settings without lag and about 60FPS or 45FPS at least even during massive battles in raids and such.

Here's the part list/build >>> http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kumiko/saved/CDqWGX

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xNMhdC Got a fx 8320, a r9 280 and a 650 watt psu. It should be ccapable of meeting your needs

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya, that build is the best so far.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

should stretch for the FX-8350, better GHz.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Its not worth the price imo. You could get a evo 212 and get it with the 4ghz range

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Doubt somebody who wants to run mainly WoW wants to OC, I plan on running GTA V on Max Settings in 1920x1080, I won't OC until I figure out Water Cooling so the extra GHZ is worth it, and then I can overclock farther than the 8320 if I choose to. EDIT now that I notice, the 8350 is $70 more than a 6300, and $40 more than a 8320. For a budget the 8320 is better.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

You have early access to gta v?..

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

If I did I would have sold it on the black market for an amazing rig

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

The 8320 can oc basically the same anyway. The only reason to get the 8350 is if you won't oc. Even then, I'd go for the 8370 instead.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably not... On a side note, youll gain more performance for the money with an amd fx6300 cpu and a amd 270x gpu. The cpu is better suited to multi tasking (important for mmorpg games) and the gpu is WAY WAY WAY better than that pos Nvidia 750ti (seriously, that card costs way too much for its performance).

With the choices I mentioned, yes, it will definitely run maxed out that well.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure of which $100 to $200 video cards are good. :\ I know AMD is better for MMORPG's, but I also need to find a good 2GB video card for the money. Would I be better off with an AMD CPU that doesn't have integrated graphics and focuses on Processing?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I made the changes you suggested, but I also want a decent MOBO with fair sound quality. Revised part list >>> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/spTLqs

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Better... But your massively over paying for an under powered psu... You can get a good 750w for that price, though you want something at least in the 600-650w range. That 270x is on the expensive side as well for that model, but the specific one you chose is a good one at least, so it's not wasted money... Though you may be able to find a 280 for about that price, which is a step even higher in performance.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

To be clear, it's recommended by the gpu manufacturer for at least a 500w psu for that card, but that extra 100w comes in handy for a variety of reasons (like if you upgrade the gpu later on or decide to over clock, as well as lower noise and better efficiency)

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought a higher watt PSU would waste power though?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

No. The psu will only use power as needed unless you get one of the high priced continuous power models (most are not). The deal is basically that if the psu can do 800w and the system is using 400w at the moment, then it's running at half capacity, which is usually around the peak area for efficiency in how that psu works... You don't ever want to run a psu past 90 percent capacity for a long time because it's efficiency at that amount is much lower and it's using a higher amount of energy from the wall to make that happen. It will also be hotter at that amount, which over time degrades components in the psu more and means the psu fan must spin more, which creates more noise. This is why we typically recommend a psu that's rated higher than what a wattage estimate on this site or another would say is needed. The gpu manufacturers tend to take all this into account when they recommend a certain size psu for thier cards. Your almost always safe using the size they tell you, unless your planning future upgrades later and want to be ready for them now or are planning to over clock alot, which can massively raise the requirements of the system. That's why I said that they recommend a 500w for the 270x, but I'd go for a 600w or 650w psu instead... So you have extra headroom for over clocking or a future upgrade.

Continuous power can mean a few things. In my statement I meant a psu that will always put out a constant amount, but it's also used to describe a psu capable of putting out a constant amount that it's rated for, even if it will put out less if the full amount is not needed... Antec rates thiers for a capability of constant output, this shows what that means more... http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/Events/us/Continuous_Power/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube