add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

£400 Budget Gaming PC Build!

Hermes2k17

61 months ago

I've seen similar parts in action and i'm impressed with with how it performs, so i thought i'd try and make a build of my own using similar parts to the ones i've seen and as you can see i've chosen those parts below. I'd love for any reviews on this build but i want to keep the FX 6300 and R9 270x since i've heard these two make quite a good combo when it comes to heavy-ish gaming. If you do decide to change the cpu, i'd like it to be amd still but the gpu i want to stay the same since it's good for it's price and it's performs really well in modern demanding games. I chose the FX 6300 since most games are going multi-threaded and those six cores will come in handy when games demand more power. I'm not a pro pc builder and this is pretty much my first build, so i've got no idea if the motherboard, ram and so on are very good but since i'm on a budget i had to go for cheap components for this build but in the future i hope to upgrade if these parts won't cut it for a long, long time. I do plan on upgrading my hdd from 250gb to 1tb, maybe 2tb later, i found a 250gb hdd laying around the house so imma just use that till i can afford to upgrade/when i need to upgrade from 250gb. But that's enough chit-chat, now the build; PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor £74.00 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard £37.75 @ Aria PC
Memory Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £60.93 @ Ebuyer
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For £0.00
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 270X 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card £127.52 @ Scan.co.uk
Case Thermaltake Commander MS/I Snow Edition (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case £32.24 @ Scan.co.uk
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply £31.15 @ Aria PC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available £363.59
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-04 03:43 GMT+0000

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

what you had was fine but i think it is worth spending that bit more on a better atx motherboard and gold rated modular power supply while still keeping it under the £400 limit

Edit - people say the case is terrible to build in so you may want to consider changing it, up to you really but a poor case with bad cable management can ruin the the final look and make it harder to build in

corsair spec 01 or spec 03 are cheap options if you decide to change it

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor £74.00 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard £48.42 @ Aria PC
Memory Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £61.10 @ Amazon UK
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For £0.00
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 270X 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card £127.52 @ Scan.co.uk
Case Thermaltake Commander MS/I Snow Edition (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case £32.24 @ Scan.co.uk
Power Supply Corsair CSM 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply £53.34 @ Scan.co.uk
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available £396.62
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-04 04:08 GMT+0000

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube