add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Part combo that's bugging me... Opinions?

RogueRenegade

61 months ago

im getting close to getting the money for my build (some of you I've sure you've seen, but if needed I'll comment the build if asked) but is it worth it to get an i7 with a 970GPU or keep an i5? price difference worth the performance? Possibly just get a 980?

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

re i5 vs i7: are you doing tasks where you'd benefit from the extra threading, such as video editing?

re 970 vs 980: Are you willing to spend the money on a monitor that would take advantage of the 980, or heck, even the 970?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Im making pretty much this build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YgsRHx case is placeholder, and monitor as well, though I wouldn't mind 23.5 in and up for good price

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Have yet to decide on peripherals, and may do vfx, youtubing etc as well

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Well in that case, it probably wouldn't hurt to do i7 and 970. You should be fine with just an i5, but the extra threading won't hurt.

That it's really a good enough display to take advantage of what more the 980 has to offer so you may as well 970.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube