add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
CaLaMiTy_Khaos

61 months ago

looking to play dayz and battlefield on high settings with like 40-50 fps

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/CaLaMiTy_Khaos/saved/PTvNnQ

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd recommend you go with a H97 or Z97 chipset motherboard instead, just to make sure that your cpu works with it straight out of the box, I'd also go with 2x4gb ram as it's shown to be a bit faster than one stick. Other than that it looks pretty solid to me!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

what motherboard and ram do you think cause im new to this this is pretty much my first build

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're willing to go up to that price, I'd go for something like this.

Best bang for your buck overclockable cpu for gaming.

Z97 mobo means you can actually overclock it (but don't try to do that until you get an after market cooler, the stock ones just aren't good enough for it).

1600 9 cas latency ram is all you need for gaming, no reason to go up to 1866 unless it's cheaper.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

That mobo will also let you add another 970 in sli later if you want, though you'll have to upgrade your psu.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Also just to make sure you see it, I edited the link i that post, It went back to the cpu you had for some reason but I fixed it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube