add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$2000 budget, here's what I'm thinking so far. Will this non-liquid cooling setup keep it cool enough?

ActuaryCT

61 months ago

I looked at how many fans of which type this case can hold, and I want to add the quieter fans I chose if I build this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ActuaryCT/saved/qrQhP6

I don't know if I want to overclock, not at first but maybe eventually.

I know its more expensive to get the light-up keyboard and the RAM that lights up, but I have some money coming my way next month that I can play around with. I want to keep in under $2000

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything looks good to me. The cooler should allow for some mild overclocking while staying rather cool. Noctua makes really high quality fans, so everything good there. You might wanna look for a gaming-oriented monitor thiugh. 144hz or g-sync. It would be a waste to have screen tearing with all that tech.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

i have an acer h236hlbid (1080p 60hz no g-sync) and i notice barely a difference between this and my friend's rog swift (besides the resolution of course). in my opinion, it is a bit of a waste to spend $100+ on a more expensive monitor, when you can get one that will be just fine for much less.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

All my life i've only used non-gaming monitors, so i don't know whether g-sync ones are any better, but I know that screen tearing can be a huge issue. Every time i start playing a new game i get it. Sometimes adaptive v-sync helps. Sometimes berderless. But I hate it. It ruins all the experience. If nothing else, I enable in-game v-sync. But the input lag is god awful.

Sorry, this is a very touchy subject for me :)

I just think that it's a shame, really, if you gpu is capable of providing you with above 60 fps experience -something that will definetely happen with this build- but you have to cap it, you have to slow it down. You have to deal with tearing, ghosting, lagging, etc.

And I thought that maybe gaming monitors will be the ultimate answer. But as i said, i haven't used them personally, so maybe they're not worth it, I don't know.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok yeah I only have a laptop right now so I need to get a monitor. I want a good enough monitor but it doesn't need to be a panel or anything.

I'm sure most stuff on my list is ok by now, this is like the 10th version of my list since I started it a week ago.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube