add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

This will be my first PC build! It'll be geared towards gaming, for now.

xElori

61 months ago

I've been changing this build for about a month now and I think I've finally settled on this

I'll be ordering it all in about two days, luckily all from the same place, was just wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions :)

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 3 points

gtx 970 (4gig standard) is near enough the same price as that 760 and it's a total monster, you should imo most definitely switch to one of them. Ah ****, I didn't notice you're in AUS until just now, so that's incorrect about the pricing :(

Ram is somewhat overpriced and slightly high latency, 1600/9 is usually available on promo around the $60-65 mark. sorry!

Personally I don't see the value in a wd black when you have a ssd for boot, every hdd is gonna feel slow next to one of them so I'd sooner get a similar spec drive (sata3, 7200prm, 64meg cache) for ~$55 (sorry!) and pocket the change or put that towards a cooler master hyper 212 evo, which is one of the top budget coolers, so you can oc the cpu.

Ahhh... I would prolly drop the expensive k/m and go for the gpu upgrade, it's easier to replace/save for a nice keyboard/mouse vs a new gpu.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

The only reason I'm getting the expensive keyboard is because I'm not paying for it ehehe, the girlfriend saw all the pretty colours and was like "That, I will buy you that" and since the mouse I was going to get is the same price as the RGB one I just decided to get the RGB.

To save on shipping time I just decided to get all from the same place so it depends on their stock for the GPU

I WILL however be going with the Blue instead of the Black, and I do plan to get an aftermarket CPU cooler in a month to overclock.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/BX2vvK I kept the i5 but had to get a locked one and got a gtx 970.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube