add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Really need help finishing this and opinions on it

Riah

61 months ago

i THINK this has some high quality parts for the price it is at so far. i chose an i3 processor since the difference in gaming capability between the i3 and the i5 isnt all that much, plus i can do all the school work i need to on an core i3 processor. when i upgrade i will probably go straight to the i7, but that is for another day.

as far as the gaming capability, i know it is more GPU important than CPU important, so the i3 will do what i need i believe. any help would greatly appreciated since i am VERY new to this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor $111.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $106.94 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $59.50 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $33.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $41.99 @ SuperBiiz
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $404.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-04 21:35 EST-0500

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your budget? Are you looking for a GPU or is the APU good enough for what you're looking for?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

i am looking for a GPU which is something i need help with. i want to run games like bioshock and half life and dead space etc at full speed. not too many new games but probably battlefield 4. those types of games :)

i would like to keep the price under 700$ if at all possible

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Add a GPU

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

my point of posting here was to look for help in finding a good GPU

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

For the i3, I would recommend the GTX 650Ti or the Radeon R7 260x.

Ignore the people who will tell you you need something better. Than the two I just listed, the i3 will bottleneck anything more powerful.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

i dont know if this matters now, but i do plan on upgrading to an i7 in the future. then again, i may up my budget (just spend a little bit more time saving up) and get the i5-4440 if that will work better with a higher end graphics card. if i do that, the chances of me upgrading the CPU are low, and would probably only happen if i somehow got some extra money. even then though i would probably save it for something mroe important, but ya know, that all depends on the time and place and all that stuff

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe a r9 270 and maybe upgrade cpu?

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Would there be any bottlenecks

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

what are bottlenecks? and i took your advice on the ram and changed to the G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory. the only thing with the 290x is from what ive heard (please clarify if you know more) is that it can run extremely hot and takes up a whole lot of power

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes amd usually uses more power

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube