add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Budget Build AUD $600

Atomicwaffles

61 months ago

Hello, this is my first budget build but i haven't built it yet so i just felt like posting the parts here c:

All prices are in Australian Dollar and are bought at MSY, a great computer and electronics retailer.

Link to my Part List: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Atomicwaffles/saved/4ztrxr

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz (I was told it could be air-cooled overclocked to 4.8/9) 6-cores -I chose this AMD cpu because of two things, 6 cores and the insane price for the speed and what it has to offer. I do video editing and rendering a fair amount so this would definitely help me speed it up and also newer games take good use of the extra 2 cores so i will see some better performance.

CPU Cooler: I went with the CM Hyper 212x because it was a newer version of the 212's and it costed the same as the EVO so obviously i went with the newer one.

Motherboard: ASRock 980DE3 has everything i need and a bit more so that was an easy choice.

RAM: Kingston Fury Black Series 2x4Gb looks very, very nice and it was a reliable brand so i went with that.

Storage: SSD: Crucial M500 240GB is a reliable, insanely cheap and even though its writing speed is a bit slow, $89 for a 240Gb ssd was just impossible to say no to. HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB was plenty of storage and i did not need this hard disk to run fast so i chose the blue.

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Grey with 2 blue LED fans at the front was an epic looking case and had plenty of storage for all my parts.

PSU (Power Supply Unit): EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze is a lot of power for my pc, around double the power i need but i will need more for future upgrades so...yeah, great brand as well.

You may ask me where my graphics card is and i actually already have a GPU so i didn't need to buy another one and a Graphics card is all up to you depending on what your needs are for gaming but my GTX 750 is already good enough for me c:

Thanks for reading and please comment for suggestions as i haven't bought it yet, i could still make changes.

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Will you need to buy Windows too? that's something to consider. Also keep an eye on the temperature because the case probably has room for extra fans if you need them.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

My school gives out free Windows 7 and 8. I may add some Bitfenix fans if i got a few coins to spare, thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube