add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Advice on first build, ~$2000

Hellomynameis99

61 months ago

Hey guys!

I thought I'd throw together a part list and this is what I ended up with. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/BCDPhM

I've done some research on a few of these parts and I'm starting to doubt my choices. Could anything be improved?

Things to know...

• Price isn't really a problem, but I'd rather not go over $2000

• AMD or Intel, I don't mind - I'm not a fanboy of either. Whichever will give me the best performance is what I'll go with.

• I chose a 750Watt PSU so there'd be room for expansion/upgrades in the future

Thanks for any help and advice! :-)

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

wait wait wait wait wait wtf is gaming the priority?

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Mostly video editing and work that requires a lot of ram (thus the 32gb), however there will be some gaming, yes. Nothing stressful though.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok you might want to get intel instead of amd then. YOu scared me for a sec 400 bucks on ram and 200 on gpu.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha yep. Any suggestions for an Intel replacement? The AMD requires water cooling, but I'll be getting that (water cooling) regardless of whether I go with the AMD or something Intel.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm maybe intel core i7 4770k it is more expensive though

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok here is some stuff. Do you want to overclock the cpu or are you annoyed buy cpu fan noises? Why windows 7? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJtrQ5CcCN0

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I went with windows 7 professional because of the 192 GB ram limit on the 64 bit version. Anything lower than Professional 64 bit and the limit is under 16gb. I suppose Windows 8 is an option, but I'd rather wait for Windows 10. I'm one of those people who don't really like the feel of Windows 8.

Depending on the CPU I might want to go for an overclock, but the water cooling was chosen mostly quietness, and because it looks cool. Nicer that a big fan with a huge heatsink anyway.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube