add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on my first watercooled build

glistander

61 months ago

Would like to read some feedback on my choice of parts and what not. Thanks in advance! http://pcpartpicker.com/user/glistander/saved/PYHrxr

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Here it goes:

You are limited to a maximum of 2 GPUs if you go with 4790K. It might defeat the purpose of having 2 radiators.

Secondly, what can you achieve with this custom loop? The extreme i7 overclocking is understandable, but the purpose of water cooling a 970... At most you can get a performance of an air cooled over clocked 980. Performance wise, it's not very attractive. PSU wise 850 seems to be the sweet spot for watercooled, since you will go for 5GHz and overclocking everything.

• 61 months ago
  • 0 points

not sure what you want this build for but 16gb of RAM and an i7 seems overkill and won't be ver beneficial to gaming at least.

that psu is hella big you could run this on 500w with plenty headroom

wouldn't reccomend zotac for 970s i suggest msi,gigabite and asus.evga seems alright too.

you're going to need a cooler for overclocking and an OS

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube