add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can anyone double check my list to see if it's ok

ZDH

61 months ago

So this is my first time building a gaming PC and I want one that will last me for at least 2 years and can run all my games at pretty damn good setting, I mostly plan on playing, FG games, MMO like FFXIV, WoW, etc. and some shooters like BF4. I was hoping someone can run by my list and tell me if the parts I selected are what I am looking for if you have any suggestion to save money I'm all ears I'm basing my budget around $1000 including the OS and Optical Drive.

Note: I am not planning on Overclocking

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ZDH/saved/hXvmP6

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

When you say "and other stuff," what are you counting as other stuff? I don't see a monitor and other peripherals there.

For not overclocking, you can get the 4590 which will give you 3.3 base frequency vs 3.2, and 3.7 turbo vs 3.4. It's not much more, and if there's a Micro Center near you, it's even cheaper.

What made you choose that power supply? Because it's quiet? Your GPU isn't the quietest, and your case isn't a quiet case, so you can get a gold PSU for the same price if noise isn't a concern.

• ZDH
  • submitter
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry Just realized that was confusing, just meant the Optical Drive. Also thanks for the suggestion yes, noise is not a concern at all. I already own a monitor and the mouse and keyboard are not a priority right now.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor $187.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $79.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Team Zeus Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
Storage Mushkin Chronos 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $65.98 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $52.85 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card $337.99 @ B&H
Case Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case $89.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $39.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer $12.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.98 @ OutletPC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1017.63
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-05 12:43 EST-0500
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WhMjsY I fixed a problem it had it is still within $1000 range

• ZDH
  • submitter
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Great thanks is there a reason 1x8GB was preferable than 2x4 GB of Ram? Sorry Like i said I'm new to this

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

No, 1x8gb is actually undesirable vs. 2x4gb. The dual sticks run in dual channel which boosts performance. The change needed was lower voltage and frequency, as i5 didn't support the original. The only time 1x8gb is preferable to 2x4gb is if you're going to later upgrade to 16gb of RAM and the MoBo doesn't support more than two sticks of RAM.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

no reason it just takes up one space instead of two so you have room for another one in the future

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

While it's not a bad build, you don't need a cooler, since you are not overclocking. You also don't need z97. Here is a better build and it is upgradable. You can add another r9 290x when you get some money and somemore ram too later. Also, I added a better Power Supply to support 2 r9 290xs.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gqkxkL

• ZDH
  • submitter
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

This looks greats thanks and still within budget.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube